Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Apple start coordinate with China Censorship at app store.

I am a China developer, we have a book store app on app store, today I get mail from apple tell me "it includes content that is illegal in China".


Apple did not point out which contents is illegal in China, but we think maybe is the three book from China writer Wang lixiong (the three books at bottom).


Some friends tell me this is not first case, but I still think this maybe because Apple use CDN bring their content to China, so some Censorship, coordinate is part of deal.

(still can be download in other country, but China.)

relate articles:
FT:Apple bars China app for ‘illegal’ content

TNW:Apple accused of kowtowing to China as it follows recent apology by banning app for ‘illegal’ content
BBC:英媒:苹果删除经典书城软件以安抚中国
CNET:Apple bans Chinese bookstore app over 'illegal content'
Yahoo:Are iOS apps the next victims in China’s war on Apple?
DW:苹果怂了?App Store中国区下架禁书

4 comments:

Tseringkyi said...

辛苦你了!

Hao Peiqiang said...

:)

Satoshi Kusunoki said...

Is your name 郝培強? I read about you in the Nikkei newspaper, an influential paper in Japan. Do you want to read it? (However, it's in Japanese. Also, Japanese standard set of characters doesn't have the character, 郝.)

Hao Peiqiang said...

Yes, my name is 郝培强. I want see it, but I can not read it.
:)